Monday, January 1, 2007

Resolutions

Welcome 2007!

It would be an understatement to say that 2006 was a challenging year for me. In fact, I don't think it would be an exaggeration to declare that these past few months have been among the most painful of my life. They have also been full of signs of God's grace and love. I can't explain that phenomenon, but I am beyond grateful for it. More paradox. Hope in the midst of despair. The ultimate Christmas gift.

Over these last few days, I've been reflecting on the psychology of "happy new year," new year's resolutions and all that comes with the seeming arbitariness of, on December 31st at midnight, "leaving" one year and "entering" another. The symbolism of it all appeals to me, though, and while I'm not prone to making long lists of goals and resolutions, I have been encouraged by friends who have commented on my absence from the blog. And so I resolve to write more frequently in 2007, starting today, January 1.

Welcome 2007. May it truly be a new beginning, full of hope and healing. Happy New Year!

6 comments:

tomzgrrl said...

Welcome back, friend! I have missed your insights and sharing. May 2007 bring you peace!

Amy said...

Thanks, TG. It's good to be back--in more ways than one. Thanks for your Christmas letter! I can't believe how big those girls are getting...

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheryl said...

Yay! I have missed you! Sorry I haven't been in touch more - I was trying to give you space to grieve. Look for an e-mail or a letter or something from me soon - assuming life settles a little.

Lisa Marie said...

While I am definitely all for more blogging from you, babe, may I point out that for you to "write more frequently in 2007" really would not *necessarily* be the same thing as *frequent blogging,* which is what some of us would enjoy. Ahem. Just sayin'.... ;)

Amy said...

Sheryl--it's good to be back, and I look forward to catching up with you soon.

Lisa--you are quite astute to notice what I did and did not resolve! :)