Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Rupture

Dad and I went to visit Mom last night in the hospital for the allotted 30 minutes (plus 10, since they didn't kick us out at 7:30 on the dot). She seems to be doing very well, considering. She's still in ICU and will hopefully be in a regular room tonight. Which means that she'll be in the hospital until tomorrow, at least.

And I had been under the impression that her spleen was "bruised," which I suppose is true, as far as it goes. But the terminology of "ruptured spleen" came up in our conversation last night, in direct relation to what happened to hers. Is it just me, or does "rupture" sound far worse than "bruise"?

I'm praising God that surgery looks to be an unlikely scenario. And I'm amazed by the human body's ability to "heal itself."

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." —Psalm 139:14

2 comments:

Byron K. Borger said...

Amy,

I will pray right now--and later if I can recall, as I hope I can--for your mom. This is hard stuff. Your report is helpful and I hope you are encouraged. Hang on to God's grace. Didn't know you were such a basketball fan...

Byron

Amy said...

Thanks so much for the prayers, Byron. And yes, I am encouraged and hopeful that her body will heal completely. As for the basketball fan thing--that's been a recent (and startling, to many!) development in my life!

Thanks again,
Amy