Thursday, June 23, 2005

What must I do to make my life a true story?

This blogging experiment never seems to get completely off the ground for me, as evidenced by the date (almost four months past) of my one and only post. But I've been on a blog-reading binge lately, and am therefore inspired to add my own musings to the cybervoid.

So here I am.

And I think I've finally come up with a blog title I like, inspired by a visit earlier today to the website of one of my favorite musical groups, Over the Rhine. Linford Detweiler, the male half of the duo of Detweiler and (Karin) Bergquist, published a poem/essay hybrid there called They Put This Microphone In Front Of Me. Toward the end of it, he writes this:

They put this microphone in front of me and it's a story problem, remember story problems? It's a story problem because as usual, I don't have much of anything to say. But I ask myself, What must I do to make my life a true story?

What must I do to make my life a true story?

Stay tuned...

No comments: